I am around, still feel like shit, but I could not NOT miss another day of work. I forced a salad down last night, trying the fiber angle.
This morning I felt like I was carrying around a baseball in my gut and the feeling has continued to remain sitting in my lap.
I had to cancel four classes this morning (which means calling up and printing the stats of each class, get the contact info for every single student, email every single student with the cancellation info and all the numbers they may need for refunds, registration, etc., call those students without email addresses and either leave messages on machines or with people or actually talk to the student, send the info to our division office and the continuing ed dept so they can do the actual cancellation) and build some syllabus webpages for instructors who, for some reason, don't know basic html, so I MISSED out on one of the new Remix collections. *snarl*
I kept reminding myself before I went to work and I should have sent myself a voice mail about it. When I got to the office, it was a madhouse of things to do so I did not think about the auctions until two hours after they ended, damnit.
I got the first one though, and have asked the seller to look for another copy of the second one for me. Since the seller is in Japan, I am crossing my fingers. The second one has a tasty Eiri cover.
Other crazy shit happened today. It's a typical week before classes begin and the mayhem will not end until after the first few weeks of school have occurred. And, of course, even though I sent emails weeks ago, only now are some of the people I asked to do things are getting around to doing it, assuming I have the fucking time to do a week's worth of heavy work in one 7.5 hour day...
When I left the office tonight, the main boss was in the process of cancelling more classes. I went back to my office, got my computer going again then forwarded her my form letter emails so she would not have to type up all that crap for each and every student. I think she was having to cancel another three to four classes. Eep!
I need to get off this thing and go do something creative. Either that or go bite something... rat is over helping the folks with a computer problem so I am sitting here, needing to do something to get rid of some of this inner energy, even though I am bent over at the waist because it feels better to do that.
Or maybe retrieve that frozen Frosty from the freezer and huddle in a corner with a spoon. Yeah, that sounds soothing.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*